It was a few days back that i had gone to a historical place in Lucknow. It was really hot and sticky as it is these days. We bought our ticket and went in. We took in our surroundings, huge buildings, a huge crowd, big domes and hawkers running after you selling you cheap replicas of the buildings- the usual. As we were going in I saw a young man, he would have been at least 15 years old and was selling small cages with common sparrows in it. I looked at it in surprise because (1) he should have been at school (2) he was being so cruel by trapping small birds in small cages who actually should have been flying happily and freely in the sky. So we approached him and asked why he would do such a thing but it was obvious- for money. We then decided that the only way we could let them free was if we bought it from him. So we did and as he opened the cage the birds flew out one by one definitely happy to get out except one who seemed like he wanted to stay inside and that man very roughly he stuck his hand inside the small door and harshly removed him and put him on a bush. I ran to the bush and I looked at the poor bird wo seemed to have injured herself. I gently touched her but as soon as I did she flew a bit and landed hardly just about a foot away. she seemed hurt but we decided to leave her to heal by herself. We then asked for his cages for we did not want him to trap more birds. But he refused to give it us so we had to buy that too. We happily walked away and for the rest of the day I felt proud of myself.
This is to all people who keep birds as pets. Plant more trees and help the dying birds.
And to all non-vegetarians, even a chicken is a bird.
No comments:
Post a Comment